Chapter 1

Chapter 1 discussed the different features across Edge, Firefox and Chrome. I found this chapter interesting because I got a new laptop for college and genuinely had to think about the pros and cons across various applications that I installed, including browsers. I previously used a Chromebook, which of course uses Chrome and the family computer had Firefox. I mostly used Edge in high school as it was more compatible with the software that we used regularly but it was never my favorite. I ended up going with Firefox because of some article that said Mozilla doesn’t sell your data like Google does, but there is no 100% guarantee with that sort of thing anymore. I do like using Firefox a lot, I spent a couple hours customizing everything to do with extensions. 

I also learned some new things about bookmarks and also the way different generations act with the same tools. I wanted to transfer my bookmarks and didn’t know so I asked my dad about it, and I was completely baffled at the way he used bookmarks. He kept every article that caught his attention and had so many folders - the only things I bookmark are sites I visit regularly, and his method was visually overwhelming. I remember telling him that it was weird because I would never think to do it that way. He worked in IT in the 90s and loves to reminisce about the early days of the Internet and it’s interesting to hear him talking about how much things change over time, even something as seemingly straightforward as a browser.

<< < | Append | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 9 | 10 | > >>